Workshop Presenter Information
The Compassionate Friends is accepting applications for workshops that will be presented at the 2020 TCF National Conference in Atlanta, GA, July 24-26, 2020. TCF is proud that it offers a wide variety of workshops at each Conference to allow attendees many choices about grief in general as well as workshops presented from the perspective of the type of loss and the family relationship. We attempt to offer some tracks for attendees to follow that include the following:
- Sibling Loss
- Men in Grief
- Grandparents Grief
- Stigmatized Losses
- Loss of only and all children
We always are open to new ideas for workshops. Some of the most well-liked workshops have included the following:
- Workshops specific to the type of loss such as cancer, suicide, miscarriage, substance abuse, long-term illness and more
- Grief related to interacting with family and friends
- Creativity in grief
- Early grief experiences as well as long-term grievers
- Grief with or without spiritual beliefs
- Finding hope and healing
- Ways to remember our loved ones from special activities during holidays to creating a memorial fund for scholarships.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING WORKSHOPS
- Level of Experience: We accept all levels of experience with the presenter having an appropriate background in life experience as a bereaved parent, grandparent, or sibling as well as professionals working in the field of assisting families in finding hope after the loss of a child at any age from any cause.
- Workshop Objectives: All workshops must include information to assist individuals who have suffered the loss of a child, grandchild, or sibling to be able to
- Navigate the grief journey more effectively
- Acquire information to better understand emotions experienced
- Learn tools to remember their loved one while redefining their future
- New Workshops: TCF welcomes new ideas and topics for workshops with attendee interaction with creative topics.
If you have questions, please email Sara at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
Workshop Presenter Application