The Compassionate Friends RVA will hold its annual Walk to Remember to honor the love we have for our children, siblings and grandchildren who left us too soon. Our chapter joins other chapters across the US in celebrating the lives of the children, siblings and grandchildren, who we loved so much in life and miss so much in death.
We invite you to join us to walk to honor the memory of someone you have loved and lost, whether it’s your mom, dad, grandparent, other family member, friend, coworker, neighbor, teacher, mentor, fellow church member. Our Walk to Remember is also open to all members of the community.
The theme for this year’s Walk is Love – our love for them lives on as we celebrate their lives and cherish our memories. Our lives were changed as a result of having known and loved them. While they are no longer physically here, their impact on our lives is with us every day. Join us as we celebrate our love for those we have lost.
The Walk program includes:
- author Anna Whiston-Donaldson – guest speaker
- family activities
- dove release
- Caring Canines – therapy dogs
- 2-mile Walk to Remember
- picnic style lunch
- memory booth (bring a photo to share)
- bereavement resources
We are honored to have Anna Whiston-Donaldson as our speaker this year.
Anna is a popular author and speaker whose New York Times bestselling book, Rare Bird: A Memoir of Loss and Love chronicles the raw, early grief of losing her 12 year old son Jack in an accident. Anna is also the author of the An Inch of Gray blog. Anna has a special connection with one of our chapter members.
- 9 am – 10 am: check-in & same day registration
- 10 am – 2 pm: Walk program
- Robious Elementary School, 2801 Robious Crossing Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113
The registration fee is $25 per walker age 13+ and includes a walking bib and one lunch. Children 12 and under may walk (and eat) for free. One t-shirt per registered Walker age 13+ is included if we receive your registration by 8/31/17. The Walk route is about 2 miles – you can walk some or all of it.
Ways to Register for the Walk:
- Click here to register online and pay your registration fee via PayPal link. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal – you may check out as a Guest.
- Download and print a Walk Registration Form and mail to: 1119 Worsham Green Terrace, Midlothian, VA 23114. Make your check payable to The Compassionate Friends RVA – 2017 Walk.
- If you would like us to mail you a registration form: email us at: tcfWalk2017@gmail.com or call us at: (804) 458-9000.
Can’t attend in person? Walk with us virtually.
Your tax-deductible donation will support the chapter and help us continue to help bereaved families find hope after such a devastating loss. You may make a donation in someone’s memory by entering their name in the “comments.” Click here to join us virtually.
Click here to check out pictures from last year’s Walk to Remember.
Thanks to Morrissett Community Care for sponsoring this year’s Walk and to all the local businesses supporting us.