Online Support Community
IMPORTANT: READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY
This is a contract between you, the user of this Online Support Community, and The Compassionate Friends. By using the Online Support Community you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the interactive services.
2. The Compassionate Friends (TCF) offers support following the death of a child. TCF welcomes bereaved parents, grandparents, and stepparents into the Online Support Community. Sibling Rooms are for use by bereaved siblings 18 years of age or older. The Online Support Community is a nonjudgmental and safe place to share feelings and grief experiences.
3. TCF Online Support Community does not offer grief counseling. It exists only for grief support. Grief research is forbidden.
4. You are encouraged to share your stories and to tell what has helped you. Please do not try to impose your views on others in the Online Support Community. All TCF members are bereaved and should be treated with courtesy and respect.
5. Participants and moderators participate in the interactive Online Support Community out of their bereavement and not in any professional capacity. If you are a professional (including, but not limited to, legal, medical, psychological, or spiritual), do not use this site to give professional advice. You should not use any information gleaned from this site to replace the advice of any professional who is caring for or advising you.
6. TCF provides volunteer moderators to help facilitate the discussions within the Online Support Community. Moderators are not equipped to handle crisis situations. Crisis Information Link If a member is overwrought and cannot participate constructively in an interactive area, he/she may be removed from the interactive area to protect the rest of the group. Similarly, members who seem to be impaired by drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave the interactive area until they regain their capacity.
7. YOU PARTICIPATE IN TCF INTERACTIVE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY, AT YOUR OWN RISK. TCF makes no warranty or representation that any user of the TCF website is who he/she claims to be. TCF assumes no liability for the outcome of user-to-user communications, dealings, meetings, or other interactions. You are advised to exercise caution, especially with respect to your private information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
8. COMPASSIONATE FRIENDS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMATION POSTED BY THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY. The opinions expressed here are those of the writers and may not reflect the opinion of TCF.
9. TCF retains the right to reject content that TCF, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate, or to ban individuals whose behavior is likewise deemed inappropriate within the interactive areas.
10. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST TCF, ITS MODERATORS OR AGENTS (REGARDLESS OF THEIR ORIGIN, NATURE, CHARACTER, OR BASIS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE TCF WEBSITE, ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY, OR ANY INTERACTIVE SERVICES SPONSORED BY TCF.
11. Specific, grief related, support sessions are scheduled and available. If your situation does not match the circumstance listed in the support session’s name do not enter or participate in the specialty session.
12. TCF will not share your personal information with other companies, agencies, or organizations.
13. Any question about the interpretation of this Agreement or any dispute related to it will be governed by Illinois law.
14. For quality control purposes, all sessions are transcripted.